Sunday, October 14, 2007

Congratulations Tom Reed jr - 2007 Single Handed Winner





Congratulations to Tom Reed jr. on winning the 2007 Single Handed Race. The race conditions couldn't have been better - 5-10 knots of breeze and a city front flood tide to make it interesting. Tom jr. led the race just after the start, Peter and I closed in on him. I got close once taking his stern as close as I usually like to cut it, but the next 2 tacks he gained several boat lengths and never looked back... Ok, he looked back... but we were behind him. I came close on the 2nd up wind leg but had clipped my jib sheet under the whisker pole and screwed my chances of gaining on Tom. So, in the end I was in 2nd, Peter Jeal was in 3rd and we had 7 boats out for our race.

I know this picture isn't from today, but I didn't get a chance to take pictures, I was a little busy to day and Cassandra wasn't available to do her usual good photo taking... it's better than no picture.

Notably absent was Chris, Mike, Dave, Richard... just think if these guys showed up and Bob Grigsby and Bob Frazier and Adrian Burns and Mike Smith in USA 114 and a few of the other guys were to show up we could have had over 15 boats.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like great fun with a single handed race for folkboats. The boat is perfekt for that with her long keel and calm behavior. Wish we could have something like that here in Sweden.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home