Saturday, September 29, 2007

It Wouldn't Be A Regatta Without...

... a few broken parts. Let's start with Ditte's broken boom. She's helping make a case for the aluminium booms... send me an email if you're interested. I have a connection with a guy who has brought two over already and has 8 more arriving soon.



Sometimes even your favorite boom just gets old and needs replacing... to find out just go sailing in 40 knots to see what parts need replacing.
...Rudders take a beating also, but with a strategically located slab on wood, it'll get you through until the winter repair season really begins.
Wood is wonderful. I love the wood look on a folkboat. But now that I'm a father and precious little time for varnish, I prefer the low maintenance of paint and aluminum.
There's something missing here...

... oh yeah, the rest of the boat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home