Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Winter Boat Projects - The Backstay

Imitation is the highest form of flattery, right? I was sifting through my spy photos of Chiquita and remembered something about their backstay I liked and planned to change mine anyway... so I went through my now overflowing box of spare parts and found everything I needed to rework my backstay just like Christoph's.
Admit it, this is a sexy backstay. In the process I dropped a block worth $22 in the water, but luckily had another just like it. I used super thin line and the total weight loss from this can only be measured in grams, but I think I've found my new obsession... Josephine is going on a diet. She's not fat, but she could stand to lose a few pounds... or at least redirect where she carries her weight. Can't *weight* to take the mast off and see how much I can squeeze off of that. Next project, double end the jib halyard tension so I can finally adjust that from either rail!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home