Saturday, November 15, 2008

2008 Awards Dinner - Presidio YC

On November 1st the San Francisco Bay Folkboat Association had it's annual awards dinner. It was a dark and stormy night and the smell of eucalyptus was in the air. The Golden Gate Bridge with blaring fog horns was the perfect back drop for this annual festive occasion. The Presidio Yacht Club was chosen for it's old school, funky, low key, dive club, perfect for a bunch of folkboaters style and location.... it just smelled like the right place.
I got to share a moment with my dad after winning the Wednesday Evening Series. I'm just glad the trophy doesn't say "barely won". It did come down to the tie breaker. After I accepted the award I honored my father by dedicating the win to him. He got up and gave a speech... I could tell he was proud of me and I'm glad we got to share this moment together.
For the rest of the photos taken by Cassandra, click on the link below...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home