Monday, July 14, 2008

Gold Cup 2008 the first update

No pictures, but when I can I'll have too many I'm sure. This evening we had the opening ceremonies and dinner. 66 boats are registered and much has happened so far. We've run into old friends; Ditte, Per, Werner, Anders, Christoph... the list is too long to continue. Mike and I went out for a practice sail today,  Bjorn joins us tonight. Oh, randomly Randy and John Hietter showed up before the dinner tonight! They will stay a few day and enjoy the fun. Tomorow the racing begins! The tents have been put up, the regatta beer has been consumed and now it is time to sleep... tomorow the war begins! .... by the way, 40 year old whiskey is awesome!
As soon as I get a moment I'll throw some pictures up, no time right now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on!! How can you report that you went sailing without offering a prognosis on the shape of the boat, the new sails and Mike's driving?!

The coverage needs to improve! At least we could follow the Volvo Race via GPS and 3D animation..t2p.tv also list nothing about the Gold Cup..does it exist? Knæk og Bræk! (as a Dane to tell you what this means)
Cheers, Kurt

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take everything back!!
Check out the results here!
http://www.fsc.de/regattenraces/gold-cup-2008/results.html

Our boys ROCK!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home