Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Canadians Sail in Winter Too - DEN 55

I feel bad for our European and Scandinavian friends who have to put their boats away for winter. But not us and apparently not the Canadians on the west coast near Vancouver. Scott has sent his latest photos for us to enjoy, criticize, and dream about taking our own boats out again. He's not even wearing foulies!!!



















I keep telling Scott he needs a traveller, but he likes the cockpit open. He tells me he has a tiller extension... I can't imagine sailing a Folkboat without one.




















Scott says he's got his boat balanced to weather where he can leave the helm for 4 seconds... not bad.























He's changed the numbers on Per's old sail to DEN 55, the original numbers issued to this boat.
Looks a lot like the archipelago of Sweden and a whole lot of fun for Mid December. I want to see some shots of Mid January. Maybe with an ice berg or two around you.

1 Comments:

Blogger ad, dee, rowan marie & tatum fei said...

I just discovered your blog. I love it. I am in Eureka, CA and am restoring a folkboat. I like family and boats, as it seems like you do too. Great job.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home