Saturday, August 18, 2007

Boats in the Yard - USA 103 - Folkdance

This is Werner and Chad's Folkboat USA 103, Folkdance. This boat has had a lot of work and upgrades making her competitive once again. A new paint job, top and bottom, new mast, standing rigging, traveller and mainsheet system will make a big difference. A new boom is on the agenda as well!








I caught up with Werner in the yard this last week just after putting the boat in the water. He was busy cleaning out the interior... the yard can put a coat of dust a boat... I always wait until the boat is about to go in to clean as well.









This boat is special to me. My dad built this one in our driveway when I was kid. I spent a lot of time cruising around this boat on our famed Delta trips and down below during races. It's nice to see she is being taken care of again.









...And, thank you Werner and Chad for changing the name back to her original and more appropriate name - FOLKDANCE. No need for a renaming ceremony, it's perfectly acceptable to change a boat back to the original... especially of the name you inherited was... less than ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home