Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Yes I neglected the bottom

After the season ended, I sailed the boat to Sausalito with my family, tied it up and did absolutely nothing. I just left it. Sick of spending the money, time and energy on this boat. I put her to sleep. But the SF Cup was coming. I didn't want any aspect of the boat to be an excuse for someone to blame on their poor performance so I needed a quick (cheap) plan. The mast was out, I don't have and engine or a lot of time and I decided to take a leave of absence from my job so I didn't have a lot of money. I'd have taken her to Svendsen's like I have taken both my folkboats and even boats that weren't mine for the last 10 years, but it was just too far, too much trouble and would cost too much for what the boat needed to get through the sf cup and the winter. Goebel helped me literally row my boat over to KKMI cause it took like... 15 minutes tops to do it and they have a bottom package that could fit my shrinking budget. But after my experience at KKMI I'm not sure I will ever take my boat there again. The attention to detail without having to ask for it at Svendsen's is just so worth the day sail there and back. But, back to what I felt I had to get done...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home