Sunday, May 17, 2009

Big Crew = More Repair Projects

I heard that all too familiar cracking sound when Terry jumped down into the cockpit some weeks ago and yeah, the floor board seemed a little more bouncy than before.
I knew the crack existed, but I didn't think it was too bad to need a repair right way, until I "stress tested it" and heard it crack more.
No time for the epoxy I love so much this time, that will have to wait. Hmmm, let's see... I'll need some wood, a saw and some screws. That ought to hold it for now.
Measure once, cut twice... that's what I always say.
A bit like a NASCAR pit stop really... I'll do a more serious professional repair later when I have time. Besides, it just has to work and nobody will see this anyway... it did add more weight to the boat, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home