Monday, November 25, 2013

I tried to stay organized, but...

I still lost parts. Annika found a nut and bolt I couldn't find just last week when she was playing in the dirt. I did count and categorize everything as I took it off and replaced every screw. Got rid of every stupid flat head screw too... I hate those things.
And, until this summer I never knew how much fun it was to polish stainless. It's a fun little process, if you have the time. I used a dremmel with a 80 grit sandpaper bit to get out all the dings. Then went 120, 220, 340, 400, 600, 800, 1200 grit followed by extensive time on a buffing wheel with various colored... stuff. It turned out ok. I think I could've done better, but I was looking at each piece too long and getting far too critical of my own work to be happy, so... it is what it is... Done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home