Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Scotty is up to his ears in Folkboat Restoration Projects

Scotty in Vancouver is at it again working on Trio, his beloved Nordic Folkboat. This is the same guy who bought Per Buch's sails in 2007... look up that story in my archives.
From Scotty: The boat is in my front yard. My cover is too low but whatever. The plan... Dynel over Okoume plywood decks, teak cabin sides, teak kingplank, Teak rubbing strake toe rail cockpit combing cap... wood stove, v birth, yellow cedar headliner for the cabin top. 26 new frames, recaulk the garboard and all along the stem and sternpost. One day we WILL sail to sanfrancisco though not to race... definately more of a cruising folkboat... I also increased the scantlings of the deckbeams so I no longer measure... but the deck is bombproof. A bit daunting right now as I had no idea things where as bad as they where but actually am glad because now I get to make it the way I want it.

Will send you more pics with the progress. Launch date. July 2010.


Good luck to you Scotty, We'll have the docklines ready when you arrive.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

6:59 PM  
Anonymous scott dresler said...

seriously?

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danke!

4:00 AM  
Anonymous Scott. said...

HA!... new launch date. September 2010.

Things keep getting held off dammit.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home